Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've got a city love...

Steve is off on business in Denver for the week. I miss him horribly, but I'm completely ecstatic that his job is allowing him a lot of opportunities to travel. I am a little jealous of course because I would welcome the chance to hop on a plane to just about anywhere right now.

Today he called me and told me that he's completely enamoured with Denver. He loves the food, the architecture and beauty of the place. Steve has CITY LOVE! I'm so amused because I'm always telling him how much I love the city. I love the feel, smell, and pace of living in the city. I have major city love for pretty much every major city I've been. My latest crush is Philadelphia. He actually told me that he'd move there and that it's now his second favorite city (Taormina being the first. If you don't know about Taormina, look it up. It should be on your list!).

This made me immensely happy because my goal is to move out of Florida one day and experience life somewhere else. Preferably somewhere that is blessed with all four seasons. Not the two seasons that Florida gets - summer and almost summer. The leaves changing... *sigh* I wish we had that here. Steve's always been pretty stuck on the fact that he has no intention of leaving Florida if he can help it. To hear him open up to somewhere else made me smile from ear to ear.

No comments: