Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eating Healthy

In the past few years I've really changed my diet. Growing up I used live on rice and beans and a few veggies here and there. When I went to college it definitely got worse. I remember down at UM, I used to subsist on Easy Mac and Hot Pockets. After I studied abroad, I started to get a little bit better about food. I saw how they ate over in Spain and it really motivated me to try some new things.

Now that I'm trying to get pregnant, I really want to make sure that I'm as healthy as I can be. I have pretty much cut out red meat - I saw pretty much because I slip every now and then and have a burger. I'm cutting down on processed foods. I also stopped drinking diet soda and cut back my regular soda drinking. I'm totally into this organic eating thing.

Steve and I have started our own container garden in an effort to affordably get our hands on some organic stuff. We are growing cucumbers, tomatoes, and green beans. Then we a shelf full of herbs - basil, oregano, parsley and cilantro. Everything is starting to sprout up and it looks lovely!




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aw, good job on your efforts! The garden is super cute! (hate the sign though :P)