Friday, March 6, 2009

Another option

Yesterday I received my acceptance letter to UCF. I have the option of going back for my Nursing degree if I should choose to do so...

I'm pretty set on the idea of starting a family though. Very set on it actually. The problem is my job. It is slowly killing me.

OK, I know I'm being melodramatic... but some days I leave there thinking, am I getting paid enough to deal with the stress? Trying to teach people's kids the basic skills of how to deal with other people? No hitting, don't push, treat others as you'd like to be treated.... AHHH on top of the curriculum (which is demanding in itself). I feel like sometimes I could honestly use a clone of myself in the classroom; there is so much to do.

At the end of the week, I feel jaded and exhausted. If someone asked me right now if I enjoy teaching, I'd tell them no.

But ask me on one of those days where my kids are well behaved, I feel well rested, and I have lots of "AHA" moments in my classroom... and I'd tell you that I wouldn't give it up for anything.

*sigh*

No comments: