Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello Clomid, it's me Dana. Say... how about you and I get this baby thing rollin'?

The past few weeks have brought Steve and I a lot of answers and a little bit closer to our dream of having a baby. Last week, I had an HSG sonogram. Look it up if you're interested, but in a nutshell, I had dye injected into my uterus and then had some x-rays taken. It was highly painful and extremely uncomfortable. The good news: my results came pack instantly and everything was OK.

Yesterday, I went to my doc and got my blood test results and found out that I am lacking in the progesterone department. Good news: I'm starting on my first round of Clomid in a few days. That should help me ovulate and god willing - I'll be pregnant in no time.

Fun stuff... but at least it was nothing serious. It's pretty common to have issues like this and Clomid is a fairly safe and common drug to take. We are excited because we have our answers and know that we could be pregnant very soon if everything works out!

In other news, we've both been on this major health kick that I'm super excited about. Here's the changes I've made so far:

1) No soda since before Christmas. Not even a sip!
2) No splenda since New Years. I was addicted to this crap. Then I found out that it's basically one molecule from being friggin' chlorine.
3) Eating breakfast every day. Even if I'm running late.
4) Sprouted wheat bread. No more white flour for me. Sounds weird, but seriously give Ezekiel Bread a try... it tastes delish and each slice has about 4g of protein.
5) Tremendously cutting my sugar intake.
6) WATER WATER WATER. I am literally living in the bathroom now because I have to pee so much.
7) Back in the gym. After four weeks of kickboxing I'm happy to say that I can finish the class and I'm able to walk the next day without being in excrutiating pain.

I'm excited about these changes... I actually feel a change in my energy level. I'm getting less headaches and my skin is clearing up. Maybe all these weird health issues I have are related to the crappy foods I was eating?

I'm optimistic for once. About having a baby and about having a healthier body!

2 comments:

Jaime Joshi said...

I'm sending you good pregnancy mojo for three reasons:

1) You and Esteban will be amazing parents!
2) I can't wait to make mix CDs for the baby! Between you and me, that kid is going to have incredible taste in music!
3) I saw this present that would be sublimely perfect for pregnant you and cannot wait to get it for you!

Also -- congratulations on the healthy eating thing! It's so tough, but you seem to be doing a great job! I can't believe you haven't had any soda since New Year! That's one of my weaknesses and I really need to cut it out. Especially since I drink Diet Coke which is apparently filled with stuff that's only one molecule away from being chlorine (WTF?!).

Regarding the Splenda though -- what do you use to sweeten your coffee? Have you cut that out of your diet too or do you just take your coffee without any sweetener? When I get stuff at Starbucks, I use that raw sugar stuff and if that's not available, I use a smaller amount of real sugar. At least it's natural, right?

D said...

Hey lady, I use Truvia to sweeten my coffee. It's supposed to be good because it's more natural. :)

THANK YOU for all the happy baby thoughts. :) We are hoping this is the month!