Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ramblings of an overly stressed 20-something

The past few days have been really fun. We had a long weekend and yesterday we decided to take a trip up to Lakeridge Winery in Clermont. We've passed this place numerous times and finally decided that since we looooove the vino so much, it was time to stop in! We went there with our friends, Briana and Joe, and did a wine-tasting and tour. It was relaxing and fabulous. I discovered this glorious creation called Pink Crescendo. Yum to sparkling wine and champagne. Especially when it's pink. What can I say? I'm a classy lady.



Today started another work week for me. A short one though. The kids only have school from Tuesday - Thursday, but I'm off tomorrow to have another unpleasant procedure done. By this time next week, I should have some kind of verdict on what's going on with my reproductive abilities. That's just a nice way to say that next week I'll know whether I'm infertile or not. God I hate that world. Infertile. It sounds so final and depressing. I refuse to use it. I almost bit the nurse when she used it. I will hit a nurse. I swear I will. I'm on the edge and it won't take me much to go over that precarious little line between being sane and irrational.

In other less depressing news, I'm taking a cake decorating class in a couple of weeks. I am SO GEEKED UP FOR THIS. I have this creative itch that is really yearning to be scratched. In the past few weeks I've made: cupcakes with piped-on pink frosting, chocolate chip scones, and the worlds heaviest banana bread. Seriously, the thing probably weighed a good three pounds upon completion. Baking to me is some kind of glorious release. I don't even want to eat what I bake. I enjoy seeing others dig in to my creations. Anyways, I'm really excited about this class. I have this odd desire to play around with fondant. Good times!

No comments: