Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rethinking

Trying to choose the right career path is exhausting. Feeling like you may have veered down the wrong one and redirecting yourself is absolutely draining. I'm trying to take stock of my interests and goals for the next few years to make sure that I'm on the right track.

I want to feel good when I wake up in the morning. I want to feel positive. I want to do something that I LOVE and have a passion for. I know that that something is out there, I just haven't found it yet.

I daydream about the day when I'll have a career, a purpose that makes me smile and wake up in the morning filled with the possibilities of the day ahead of me.

My interests:
Books
Criminal Justice/Forensics
Children
Animals
Music

Is it unrealistic to think that I could find a career that touches on any of these? I work with children right now... but I feel like I'm spending most of my time disciplining and not teaching. I feel like I'm not reaching the children and I'm starting to doubt my abilities.

No comments: