Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sanibel and Captiva Islands - 5/29-5/31, 2009

This weekend my husband surprised me by taking me on a weekend getaway for our anniversary. We spent three days staying at the Casa Ybel Resort on Sanibel Island: http://www.casaybelresort.com/

It was absolutely breathtaking! The resort itself is beautiful! It sits on the pristine beach at the south end of Sanibel Island. Our hotel room was a suite - and OCEANFRONT! Our goal was to relax and spend some much needed time de-stressing. We rented some scooters on Saturday and spent some time driving down to Captiva Island, a tiny little island next to Sanibel. We spent a couple of hours at the beach there.


We also had some GREAT food while staying in Sanibel. Anyone who knows me knows that one of my main joys with traveling is being able to experience some different foods. For breakfast one day, we ate at The Island Cow, a great little family-owned venture with exceptional breakfast and a quirkly island atmosphere. For dinner last night we ate at Doc Ford's, an exceptional place with some of the best scallops I've ever had (I am a sucker for seafood - especially scallops!)

The best thing was that Steve and I got to forget about our responsibilities at home for a weekend. We could put aside the whole trying to get pregnant thing, the bills that we have to pay, the work stress and just be with each other.


On the way back from Sanibel, we stopped by St. Petersburg and checked out the Dali museum! It was FABULOUS. I love Salvador Dali - he's eccentric, unique and completely interesting. We saw a bunch of his work and heard a few intriguing stories about his crazy ass.


All in all, it was a GREAT way to spend our 2nd anniversary. I am so very lucky to have such a loving and romantic husband!

2 comments:

Kelly Lou said...

You need to tell Steve to talk to Wally...perhaps drop a few hints. Romance has seriously been lacking our relationship as of lately...

D said...

Romance is lacking in mine because of ME! I am the least romantic person in the WORLD.