Monday, May 18, 2009

Insanity

The past couple of weeks have been so ridiculously busy, I really haven't had time to write a substantial post. Here's the past couple of weeks in a nutshell:

Got officially rehired at school. Teaching 3rd grade next year, switching classrooms, possibly not teaching ESOL anymore. Happy to have a job, not complaining!

Been trying to get pregnant for about a month now. Will know in a few weeks if we were successful. Want to be pregnant by JULY.

Those of you that know me, know that books are my obsession. I was part of a book club that I found on meetup and have made a couple of really awesome friends. The book club started reading some super lame books (i.e. "ChickLit" and Romance) so we branched off and started our own group. We're reading "Peony in Love" by Lisa See.

11 days of school left (PRAISE THE LORD) and I cannot wait! The kids are ready and I have been ready for about a month.

Steve and I are toying with the idea of trying to rent out our house so that we can move to a safer neighborhood.

------------------

And last but definitely NOT least... I present to you, the travel line-up for Summer 2009:

??? Surprise Trip (Steve's taking me somewhere but won't tell me where) - May 29-31

Philadelphia/New Jersey - June 11-15

Miami - end of June

West Palm - 4th of July-ish

Seattle - July 20-24

-----------------

Dear USA,

I feel that I have neglected you in the past few years with my relentless Europe obsession. In an effort to show that I realize I live in a pretty nice place, I will be bouncing around the borders of my own country this summer. I hope to have a better appreciation (and fuller bank account) after the summer is over.

Gracias, Ms. Wanderlust

No comments: