Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pregnancy Update!

I've been using ovulation predictor (pee strips) since the beginning of this month. I began right after my period stopped and over two weeks went by without any indication that I was ovulation. Needless to say, I was getting frustrated. Every morning it was the first thing I was doing. Peeing on those damn sticks. I started freaking out and thinking that maybe I wasn't ovulating? Not good. Anyways, finally last Friday I got the two dark lines! After 18 friggin' days. I was ecstatic. I am normal! The reason I was worried is because I'm so irregular. Anyways, we tried really hard this month... but now the waiting.

I have to wait until at least Sunday before I test. I have literally 5 pregnancy tests stocked under my sink in the bathroom. One of them says it'll work up to 4 days before the expected start of your period... but there's only a 69% accuracy if you do it that early. If I wait until next Friday, it'll have like a 98% accuracy. I don't want my impatience to cause me to get a false negative. I might just break down and do it on Monday though. I can't stop thinking that I might be carrying a baby inside of me already. It's scary and exciting. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet though.

We are so ready to have a family. It's so exciting to think that Steve adn I are about to take this awesome step in our lives together!

No comments: