Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fertility drugs and such

I'm a generally impatient person... trying to get pregnant for over two years = pure torture.

We decided we are going to try for 4 cycles (once I get back to normal from the surgery) before getting on the medication.

My doctor wants to try 3-5 days of Femara and then one HcG shot on day 5. I did a bit of research today about Femara and a lot of women have had success. It supposedly will inhibit my estrogen, amp up my progesterone, and get my body to develop some of the follicles in my ovaries to release. Once that happens, the shot on day 5 will get my body to release the egg.

I'm hopeful... but worried about money and such. I'm going to try and get my taxes done quickly so that we can use the refund to pay for it. Here's to trying something new and hoping that it works...

I'm ready to be a momma!

No comments: