Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's been a while...

School started and I literally have not taken a moment for myself...

I'm just getting over strep throat (thought I had the H1N1 virus but that came back negative), and I missed a full week of school.

Anyone that is a teacher can tell you just how horribly stressful this is. I had three different substitutes in my room within five days... it's a mess.

I'm not looking forward to this coming week.

Things are just not coming together how I imagined. I feel like I have a tenuous hold on my class this year - like at any minute they are all going to go ape shit and run screaming out of the classroom. I know that this is me perceiving it through my perfectionist eyes... but it's stressful nonetheless.

Still not pregnant, but keeping my fingers crossed for this month.

The weird thing is that I don't feel that sense of urgency that I did back in June or July. It's like our "deadline" already passed... so at this point whenever it happens it happens.

Right now my life is just work and stress. Which probably explains why I just spent the past week sick out of my mind.

I need to get back into blogging and spending some time doing the things I love... or I'm going to burn out on this school year by October.

No comments: