Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gimpy McGimp

Yesterday was not a good day. It started out at 7am with a dentist appointment to remove a cracked crown in my tooth. By 11am my whole face was numb and my mouth was sore. I figured that with a day that starts like that, it really could only improve. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Now, I am a true klutz. I seem to have this real problem avoiding door knobs and the corners of tables. I don't even pay attention to bruises anymore because I have so many. Despite this, for some reason I thought it would be smart to go to this place: http://www.rebounderz.com/default.cfm?firstvisit=yes

It's basically a warehouse covered in trampolines. From the floors to the walls. You get a helmet and some special shoes and you can bounce around like an idiot. Things started off pretty rough for me. I almost fell walking in and during the five-minute "training" I fell on my arse numerous times. About 10 minutes into my foray into gymnastics... I fell HARD. I immediately knew something was wrong because there was an audible POP.

I tried to play it off becuase I felt stupid. Everyone else was jumping around and having a great time. I stood up and brushed it off and even tried jumping a little bit. I sat down and about 10 minutes later, the pain hit me. I could barely walk out of the place. A few hours later we were sitting at the Urgent Care clinic and they told me that I broke a bone in the top of my foot.

I'm on crutches and in a cast for about a month. Good times.

The worst part is that it's my right foot, so I can't drive. I'm tempted to try driving with my left foot, but my better judgement tells me this is probably a bad idea. I also teach... so sitting down all day is not an option. I took the day off, but tomorrow it's back to the grind and I am terrified! The worse part of being injured or sick for me is feeling helpless. I hate having to depend on others and I hate not being able to do what I need to do!

Oh it's going to be a fabulous month.

No comments: