Monday, July 21, 2008

Contemplating

Today I had a really good conversation with a friend of mine about the things that we hope to accomplish in the next couple of years. He told me that he admired me because I have the kind of life that is hard to predict over the next 20 years. In his words, "you can tell where some people will go, what type of lives they will lead - and actually predict where they will be in 20 years. You aren't like that." It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

There are so many dreams that I want to accomplish. Most of them are what most would consider "silly" things. No life-changing, universe-altering accomplishments. They are mostly selfish exploits. Things that would make me feel good.

So here's the short list that I rattled off to my friend today:

Learn to speak Italian
Take a photography class
Learn to surf
Go snorkeling in the Florida Keys

I look at that list and each of those things would bring great happiness to my life.

I really feel that lately I've been seriously lacking in the happiness and joy department.

It's the little things that can bring a little bit of sunshine into your life.

No comments: