Friday, March 12, 2010

Well, bad news at the gynos yesterday. Steve and I went in to check on my results after taking my first 50mg of Clomid. When I first went in, my progesterone was at 8 (about half of what it should be). After taking tha first round of Clomid... instead of going up, I was now at a 5. The doctor seemed stumped by it. He brought me up to 100mg of Clomid for 2 months to see if that will work. I wasn't really expecting it to work in the first month, but I was a little sad that my numbers went down. He says he wants to see my number at 15. If the Clomid doesn't work after 3 months of ovulating, then he says we'll have to try something else. Apparently a nasty little side effect of Clomid: It can overstimulate your ovaries and cause cysts. Ack.

The good news: my doc is really working with us to help out with the financial strain. He found us a lab that does the tests for 30 bucks each. Every little bit helps!

Work has improved a little bit lately. The kids had their FCAT testing this week and that was highly stressful. Apparently, I was more stressed than they were. Today I woke up with a cold and just feeling generally like crap. I took the day off of work.

I go to Philly in about 5 days and I am STOKED. I love that city. Hoping that will give me a much needed boost in my morale. Lord knows I need it!

1 comment:

Refine until beautiful said...

Dana,

Thinking of you this morning for some reason and missing your internet presence! Hoping you and Steve are OK and that you are well. Love to you.

Diane (journeyto)